Subhead


Every day a different drink. Not just how to make them, but a detailed review of how they actually taste, photos of the drinks, and stories along the way. Starting from the beginning, The Bartender's Black Book will be our guide, taking us

(and our livers) on a journey from which we may never recover. Cheers!

January 30, 2011

#30: Alabama Slammer 5

1/2 oz Whiskey
1/2 oz Southern Comfort
1/2 oz Amaretto
1/2 Sloe Gin
Combine all ingredients in a tall glass filled with ice, fill with orange juice, shake, and garnish with an orange.


My dog took me for a bit of a walk today. There's a nice path by the local lagoon that is fairly flat and wide. We ambled out and back for about 3 miles. Along the way she got to greet a few other dogs, and some people. Most of the people were really nice, especially since I have the cutest dog in the world. All of the dogs were nice though, which says something about people.

But one lady really ticked me off. Sasha (my dog), went up to greet her and her friend when we got close by each other on the path. They both commented on how cute Sasha is, and the older lady shoved her hands down to my dog's level, palms open, and squealed for her to come greet her. The younger lady just leaned over a bit and let her hands hang down. Of course Sasha ignored the older lady and went straight to the younger, calmer lady. The older lady got a little miffed, commenting on my dog having a preference for her friend for no apparent reason (to her).

Sasha told me later that Doggy Jazz Hands shoved in her face just don't appeal to her.

****************

Here we swap out the vodka for whiskey, add in a bit more Sloe Gin, and her you go. This version had an awesome color, nice and deep. It was much sweeter than the others, but most of that did not come from the orange juice. I could still taste the Southern Comfort, but not as much as before.

Considering the ingredients, I thought that this one would be sweeter, but everything blended really nicely, like all of the Alabama Slammers. You really can't go wrong with any of them.

I think I am starting to get tired of all the orange juice. After the heat of the southern summer afternoon, let's head to the kitchen. We have one more Alabama Slammer tomorrow, the frozen version, and then we can move on to another state.

Check out today's featured item.

No comments:

Post a Comment