Subhead


Every day a different drink. Not just how to make them, but a detailed review of how they actually taste, photos of the drinks, and stories along the way. Starting from the beginning, The Bartender's Black Book will be our guide, taking us

(and our livers) on a journey from which we may never recover. Cheers!

January 21, 2011

#21: After Sex

1 1/2 oz Vodka or Banana Vodka
1/2 Banana Liquer
Pour into a mixing glass filled with ice, fill the rest with orange juice, shake, and top with 1/4 oz Grenadine.


This was a nice light drink. I could barely taste the banana. It might have been stronger if I had used Banana Vodka. They actually make that? Seems like there is a vodka of almost any flavor you can think of.

Basically this is a twist on the the classic Screwdriver, adding banana and a touch more sweetness with the Grenadine, which also changed the color a bit to a darker tone. I love a good Screwdriver. In fact it is one of my favorites, but this was a nice twist. The more I drank, the more the banana flavor came out. It definitely needed to be shaken well, and possibly stirred a bit, for the banana flavor to show up and the Grenadine to color the drink.

Why have this after sex? Have it before to get in the mood! Or you could just have it after work, I guess.

Since I started the second page of the book with this drink, I had to run to the local BevMo for more supplies to make those drinks. I didn't need as many items as the first run, but I did pick up a taller shot glass for some of the floaters and bigger shots, which will come in handy later on.


Check out today's featured item.


No comments:

Post a Comment