Subhead


Every day a different drink. Not just how to make them, but a detailed review of how they actually taste, photos of the drinks, and stories along the way. Starting from the beginning, The Bartender's Black Book will be our guide, taking us

(and our livers) on a journey from which we may never recover. Cheers!

March 30, 2011

#84: Apple Pie (floater)

3/4 oz Apple Brandy
3/4 oz Cinnamon Schnapps
3/4 oz Irish Cream
Layer the ingredients into the glass in the order listed


I like apple pie. Especially at Thanksgiving. I did not like this drink. The Apple Brandy and the Cinnamon Schnapps did not separate well, and the Irish Cream, although it floated well at the top, actually solidified a bit and became a sort of semi-solid lump. Quite gross, like some sort of sweet oyster floating in apples and cinnamon.

The overall flavors did nothing for me. They weren't distinct enough, and all I could taste was the cinnamon. Everything was too sweet, and it sort of grossed me out. It had quite a bite though. The brandy gave some depth, but I would not recommend this for any occasion.

**************

Someone has figured out that there are only so many bad guys to go around. I think I work with most of them. See if you can spot people in your life from this cast of characters:

No comments:

Post a Comment