Subhead


Every day a different drink. Not just how to make them, but a detailed review of how they actually taste, photos of the drinks, and stories along the way. Starting from the beginning, The Bartender's Black Book will be our guide, taking us

(and our livers) on a journey from which we may never recover. Cheers!

March 5, 2011

#64: Angel Wing 2 (floater)

1 oz White Creme de Cacao
1 oz Brandy
1/2 oz Milk or Light Cream
Float the ingredients with the first item on the bottom


First things first. I made this incorrectly at first, using Creme de Menthe instead of Creme de Cacao. Once I corrected that, things were much better. In fact, it was a completely different drink, and much better as a result. The main thing was that the ingredients separated properly, which tells me that the Creme de Menthe and the Creme de Cacao must have different densities.

One more time into the breech of incompetence:





I liked this a lot more than I thought I would, and I could have had more. But it would be hard to make this much larger and retain it as a floater. Of course, it was not minty in the correct form, but it was mellow and creamy with a strong chocolate tone. Heavenly.

Check out today's featured item.


No comments:

Post a Comment