Subhead


Every day a different drink. Not just how to make them, but a detailed review of how they actually taste, photos of the drinks, and stories along the way. Starting from the beginning, The Bartender's Black Book will be our guide, taking us

(and our livers) on a journey from which we may never recover. Cheers!

March 11, 2011

#70: Anti-Freeze

1 oz Vodka
1 oz Green Creme de Menthe or Melon Liquer
Combine ingredients in a mixing glass filled with ice, shake, and strain into a shot glass


Well, this would certainly keep me warm on a cold night. I used Green Creme de Menthe, as I am not a big fan of Melon Liquer. Changing between the two would make for two totally different drinks, with the Melon Liquer being much milder. I was thinking that, based on the name, the mint flavor seemed more appropriate.

This drink definitely warmed me from the inside as it went down. The strong mint flavor was offset nicely by the vodka, but obviously retained quite a bite. This drink was very strong, and should probably only be downed by Russian leprechauns.

*************

I thought I would end the week on a disturbing note. I found this label on the web for some sort of distilled spirit from India. Based on the label, I'm not even sure they know what it really is.



Check out today's featured item.

No comments:

Post a Comment