Subhead


Every day a different drink. Not just how to make them, but a detailed review of how they actually taste, photos of the drinks, and stories along the way. Starting from the beginning, The Bartender's Black Book will be our guide, taking us

(and our livers) on a journey from which we may never recover. Cheers!

April 2, 2011

#87: Aprés Ski 2

1 oz Brandy
1 oz Apple Brandy
Fill with hot apple cider and garnish with a cinnamon stick


I wrote about the origins of the name in yesterday's post, but this was much more like what I expected from a drink with this name. Now this was what you would expect to be served in a ski lodge, if you didn't want any hot chocolate.

A nice cinnamon smell wafted from the glass and filled the room. That, along with the brandy, mellowed the apple cider quite a bit, making this into one smooth drink.

This was very warming, like cuddling up with a friendly St. Bernard. I have to say that this was one of my favorite drinks that uses brandy in any significant amount. It was also one of the sweetest drinks so far, but not in a cloying or overpowering way.

I would definitely order this after a tiring day on the slopes.

******************

Are these the coolest salt and pepper shakers ever? I think they are just a concept. I could only find this photo on the web, but I couldn't find anywhere i could buy them. Oh well.

No comments:

Post a Comment